God has tremendously blessed this Church during these years and our Church is been a channel of blessing to many.
During the period of Iraq invasion in August 1990, of Kuwait, most of members except a few returned to India. After liberation of Kuwait in February 1991, some of the believers returned back to Kuwait by June and resumed the worship meeting. Soon after, we got a place in the NECK activity building hall for regular worship on every Fridays 1.30pm to 3.30pm. After the construction of the K.T.M.C.C. hall, we have moved our worship to K.T.M.C.C. hall and rescheduled the timing from 7.00 AM to 9:30 AM. From July 1991 onwards Pr. Thomas Mathew conducted regular weekly bible classes and that resulted in helping the growth of the church.
We also remember with gratitude all the servants of God who have ministered in the church. Especially Pr.Abraham Thomas, Pr. K.A.Oommen, Pr. P.J.James, Pr. E.S.Varghese, Pr. V.V.Alexander, Pr. Vinoth Jacob and Pr. T.M.Mamachan, as they have labored much for the growth of this church.
It was in the month of May 1974, the first worship service of church of God (full gospel) in India, Kuwait was conducted in Kuwait City, which was attended by few believers. Since then, we can look back only with hearts full of thanks and praises to the Lord who cared and protected his flock all through these years..
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary.
- That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead.
- That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost, Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart. In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saint’s feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus.
- First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air.
- Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years. In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
The vision God has given us a church is: To equip every believer in our Church to be an effective witness for Jesus Christ. Every believer should grow in spiritual stature, being ready at all times to share the reason of their hope with others. To systematically develop Christian Leadership and other spiritual gifts that God has endowed in the Church. To raise up the care cells to be vibrant nodes of strong Christian fellowship acting as focal points for caring for the needs and concerns of every believer.